While we all like to be differentiated and distinguished from one another, none of us likes to fail, especially when it comes to academic writing task which can be quite overbearing for most of the students out there. However, there are certain elements and qualities that can actually uplift the value and worth of your work while making it appear more pleasing at the same time. So without any further a due, let’s take a look at these characteristics which can make your papers to stand out from the rest.
Strange as it may sound but if you are only focused on regarding your work and not take into account how the readers feel about your lengthy and affluent set of writing then chances are you might end up creating a paper that is too prolonged and intimidating for your audiences. They might feel daunted by the sheer length and verbosity of your written work. Hence to soften this feeling of hostility you need to make your work reader-friendly and this is how you go about doing just that:
- Try to write the majority of your work using active voice as much as you can.
- Avoid using difficult terminologies instead use simple to understand vocabulary, and remove all mentions of jargons and clichés from your document.
- Make an effort to write simple sentence structures rather than complex or complicated ones.
- Write shorter sentences that are not more than 20 words each.
- Writer smaller paragraphs that are no longer than 250 words each.
- Make use of headings and bullet points, this is known as using the white space within your documents effectively.
Grip & Flow
Your work must present a natural flow embedded within it so that no matter how much longer your paper may seem, once a person starts reading your work, they finish it by going through the ending without any hiccups in between. Here is what you can do:
- Create an outline for your written work which should include three important sections namely: an introduction, the main body of discussion, and lastly a conclusion.
- Organize your thoughts and deliver your work in a systematic manner. Your ideas must be presented in a sequence and you should not mess around with their arrangement.
- Use transition words and adjoining words to connect ideas, paragraphs, and sentences.
- Each one of your paragraphs must be dedicated and focused on a singular idea or a key point that is relayed through the topic sentence. The rest of your paragraph should comprise of supporting sentences that further explain the topic sentence.
Your academic writing task is meant to be taken as a serious task and thus you should present your documents in a formal style. Here is what you should do:
- Create a cover/title page that clearly mentions the name of your institution, the topic of your work, the date of submission, and your name.
- Insert page numbers as well as headers and footers to make your work look more formal.
- Insert a table of contents that is accurate and updated.
- Take special care for the coherence and consistency of the following features of your document:
- Comprehensible font size and style
- Adequate line spacing between headings, paragraphs, and sentences
- An approved referencing system and footnotes format
- Overall text alignment followed throughout your document
- Selected and similar paragraph indentations
- Include a separate bibliography section at the end of your document which includes all the citations and references that you have utilized within your paper.
- If you use non-written and visual elements within your document then make sure that there correctly labeled and captioned.
Proofreading & Editing Your Documents
As a student of higher education, you must know by now that the level of scrutiny for your work is extremely strict and the margin for error is simply not there. Hence it is your rightful duty to make sure that all of your work is proofread and edited multiple times so that nothing is left to chance and that everything is in accordance with what your teachers and professors want from you. You should remove all grammatical errors, correct spelling blunders, readjust improper sentence structures, and keep your eyes open for missing punctuation marks. This will ensure that your document is perfect for submission at the academia.
Various Attributes to Consider
As an ending note, there are several attributes and features of written work which can accentuate its quality. Here are some of them:
- Anecdotes that are brilliantly positioned within the document and deliver a heartfelt message.
- Direct quotations from a famous personality that are directly related to your nature of work.
- Stimulating scientific evidence and factual information that creates the allure and appeal for your readers and evaluators of work.
- In-depth analysis and rare insights regarding the subject matter of your field of study that helps in increasing the pool of knowledge of whoever reads and goes through your document.
- Outstanding introductions that are cleverly executed. You need to know that your introductions need to be written in a precise manner. They should not exceed a total of 15% of your word count limit for the entire task.
- Similarly, exceptional conclusions also leave a great impact on readers and evaluators of work. Make sure that they are crystal clear in their message, rulings, judgments, and final verdicts. Don’t leave them open-ended. Ambiguity is not appreciated. They should also be written in a precise and concise manner, not exceeding a total of 20% of your word count limit for the entire task.
We hope this post was able to provide you with a greater understanding as to how you can enhance the quality of your written task. However, if you are a student who is in search of a facility that can provide them with professional and specialized assistance for their subjects and topics, then you should apply for our reliable and dependable service that offers you the best essay help UK you can get at affordable and feasible charges.